Sunday, February 14, 2010

I had fun checking out the Jelly Bellies, and the Belly flops with my Brother and sister.  A special Field trip without the kids.  Between us we have 13 kids, and 7 grand kids.  But we went without them.  and took them the booty.





I got to meet some family this last week.  Aunt Jeanne, who reminds me of a combination of my mom and my dad.  She is outspoken and full of love.  I really love that what you see is what you get with her.  No holds barred.  She has two sons Terry, and Mickey.  They have been my cousins for over 40 years and we have not met, or don't remember meeting.  But they are Lovely.  compassionate, sensitive and they have great hugs.  They are competitive, just like me. and they bowl better.  I really don't like losing, But If I had to lose I didn't mind doing it to family.  I love that we had this chance to meet, although I am not happy about why.  We vowed to keep in touch and get together every couple years to



Penkay is Pon's daughter and the little girl and boy are her grandkids.  Dad Adopted Imani, the little girl and she is Abigails age.  This has been very hard on her because Dad was the only dad she ever knew. and her best friend.  I love her, and will always be there for her.  She is very special.
 go bowling for dad again.  I also got to spend time with family my dad had spent his life with.  I love them too.  They are hurting too, they knew him better than we did.  They spent every day of their lives with him.  What a blessing.  They are my connection to who he was.  A video is just not enough.  I really want to keep in touch with them.It made me start thinking about my own family and how we take one another for granted.  Karl is such a great husband and father.  The kids love him, and get frustrated with him.  But he is always there for them.  They will have lots of opportunity to spend time with their dad.  Memories are so special, I want to give my kids memories to take with them and share with the next generation.  This is all a blessing from the Lord.  Every moment, every relationship. I have learned some valuable lessons this week.  The things we take for granted for instance.  I just assumed my dad would always be there, and that we would have time (next Year) to go fishing, or go to Thailand.  He was so strong, and stubborn, I knew we had time on our side.   But we don't.  Life takes quick turns,and then it is gone.  Dad died last week.  Unexpected and shocking to all of us.  But that is life.  So the lesson I have learned is to make sure I don't put off my relationships with people I love.  Don't think we can make up later, or maybe in a year I will go see them.  NO,  We have today to work on those relationships, We can't waste time.  I will take this time, this chance to let you all know how very much I love you, and That you are special to me.  Even if I have not made you feel that way in the past.  I want you to Know Without A Shadow Of a Doubt.  That I am thinking of you, and I love you.  I Love Who God made you to be.  Different from me, Yes, But I love that about you.  Don't take for granted that you have another day to make things right, and tell someone you love them.Pongsri (Pon)  She is a hard worker, and loves everyone.  And feeds them too.  She is always cooking for someone.  and She has always made me feel like I am part of her family.  She is hurting right now.  and Maybe for a very long time.  She Loved my dad very much.Laura is Penkays daughter, my Niece.  She is the mother of Anthony.  He is a little spitfire. 
This is Kelly.  Imani's mom, Penkays daughter, and Laura's sister.  Kelly has always kept in touch with me, and called whenever dad was in trouble.  We get along just like sisters even though I am Auntie Kim.  Kelly is working hard learning to be a Physicians assistant.  She would have made her grampa proud.  I am proud of her for going back to school.  Family looks different for every one.  Ours is very different. It includes many branches and colors.  There are different beliefs, and values.  But in the end we are just family.  I love my family, It teaches me so much about acceptance, and patience.  Love and the differances that are gifts to be cherished, and not fought over.  In the end.  We are all Gods creations, and He loves all of us where we are at.  He Only wants us to Love Him and Love one abother.  So go and show His love to your family, no matter the differances.

No comments: