Friday, January 29, 2010

I got the chance to make a cake for a good friend of Austin.  Heidi is a special girl with a special mother.  I love their family.  Heidi is all girl.  She loves sparkels, and all that glitters.  Yet, She is such a godly young girl.  She sings like an angel, and is so lovely.
I decided to try something new.  I love a challenge, and doing a girls cake with pink and purple was not much of a challenge.  So I tried painting.  I really enjoyed it.  the cake was covered in fondant, which makes it easier all the way around.  But drawing and painting the cake was really quite fun.  I just can't believe I get the opportunity to do this. 
What a gift. I am surprised every time I make a cake.  I feel like it is not my hands, but  but someone elses.  The ideas just come to me.  Again, not me.  I appreciate that God has done this for me.  I must be real special to Him don't you think?

1 comment:

Martha said...

There appears to be no end to the variety you put into your cakes! One day maybe I will get to sample a piece of one.

I sure do wish we could make it for the wedding but it is looking like that is not to be. :(