AND HE SAID UNTO ME, MY GRACE IS SUFFICIENT FOR YOU: FOR MY STRENGTH IS MADE PERFECT IN WEAKNESS. MOST GLADLY THEREFORE WILL I RATHER GLORY IN MY INFIRMITIES, THAT THE POWER OF CHRIST MAY REST UPON ME. THEREFORE I TAKE PLEASURE IN INFIRMITIES, IN REPROACHES, IN NECESSITIES, IN PERSECUTIONS, IN DISTRESSES FOR CHRIST'S SAKE' FOR WHEN I AM WEAK, THEN AM I STRONG.
I have been a Christian for a very long time. I enjoy serving with the youth, they have so much energy, and they are so active and fun. They keep my young. I relate to them. Then, came the illness, surgery, healing, and more surgeries, and healing. I will never be the same. I am weaker, and more fragile than I was before. I don't feel I can keep up with them, or relate to them any more. I have However, found a way to serve that doesn't require physical strength and youth. It was completely Gods doing. I can pray for others. and spend time with elderly. I really can't do anything, He can. I still want to work with the youth. I can draw my strength through Him. I heard a story once about a lady who was active in the church. She took care of all the social events. and did all the ladies bible studies. One day she had a stroke, and was put into a nursing home to recover. She could not speak, or move, and she found her days staring at the ceiling. Over the next year and a half, she was able to get her speech back to a limited degree. She seemed so happy to be able to communicate her feelings to others, and share her joy. We asked her why she was so happy, How could she be happy when she has lost everything, and can't serve anymore. She told us that she never stopped serving. Every moment of every day, she prays for others. God has given her the time to spend with Him. Helping others more than she ever did before. She was able to share with the therapist, and nurses. She has gotten to share the Gospel with them and watch their lives change. What a Joy, What a Blessing. This is not a curse, it is a Blessing. I am worried about my physical body. I am intimidated about people talking about me. You know, the old lady in the youth. The fat lady. She has a past, she came from a rough family. What ever I THINK... People might be saying, I could make any excuse not to serve, to be a weak Christian. And then I think about this Blessed lady. And the verse that says that I can have all the strength of the universe at my fingertips. He is made strong in my weakness and insecurities. But, I must get out of His way. I know I am weak. But He is strong. I can't let what people say or do stop me. I am on mission to serve the Lord with all that I am. I can't let this body stop me. He has work for me. Thank you God for choosing me.



2 comments:
I am weak too. :)
"tables" (That is the word verification.) Waiting on tables can seem a mediocre, thankless job at times too, but in Jesus eyes it is an important job. Do you think washing dishes goes along with waiting tables?
I think all jobs, and activities are important and can be used for His purpose. Even wheeling around in a wheelchair unable to hold your head up. But even that person can share the Love of Christ. Waiting tables and cleaning dirty diapers is a very important thing in the kingdom of God. I think it's important, and so does He.
Post a Comment