Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Hiding Places



Sometimes...  I tend to hide.  I try to be someone else.  To fit in, I guess.  I don't ever feel like I fit.  I take that back.  I fit with my children, and I fit with my husband, and I fit with my best friend.  Outside that.  I really don't quite fit.  I put on the appearance of being outgoing.  Almost loud.  My husband says I walk loud,  But, in all actuality, I am quite shy.  I am haunted by the three headed monster.  Insecurity, Inadequacy and Inferiority.  It paralyzes me at times. in fact most of the time.  Gods desire is to destroy the monster with truth, and render him impotent in our lives.  Satan's desire is to feed him with lies until he is so big and strong we become inactive.  Who will I believe.  Believing who we are in Christ, destroys feelings of inferiority.  Believing what we are in Christ destroys feelings of inadequacy.  Believing where we are in Christ destroys insecurity.  God does not want us to compare ourselves to anyone.  It does not matter what they have done, or said.  Who are we performing for anyways.  Them, or Him?  If He can speak through a fisherman, a prophet, and a donkey, He can surely speak through me.  So Why not...  In Him, with Him, Through Him.  Do what He wants me to do, step out of my comfort zone, and quit hiding under a scarf, or behind others.  Dear Lord.  Without You, I am an empty vessel, However, because of you, I am filled with the power of the Holy Spirit.  I am blessed with every spiritual blessing .  I can be confident because of who I am as a child of the King.

2 comments:

Martha said...

Ben wants to know if that's a cake.

Martha said...

I tend to hide too. I tend to feel as though I am on the outside looking in. Sometimes I AM on the outside looking in. Sometimes I am locked inside looking out...

God is working. He is good. He is teaching me, stretching me, growing me. I am learning. I am growing.

You are learning and growing too. Sometimes growing hurts. When it hurts, you know He is stretching you. In order to stretch, we must learn to pour on the water (of the Word) and then relax while He pull us into shape. :)