Thursday, January 14, 2010

Birthday.







Birthdays have become a Love, Hate thing with me.  Life is about serving others.  I don't do will with being served.  All the birthday that rolls around here are celebrated with a cake, decorations, and gifts to the recepient.  The one who does the planning and baking, and shopping, is MOM.  Then, My birthday comes around.  I feel the pain starting in December.  Here it comes ...another year.  The funny thing is the year has already come.  It is just THE day The Birthday.  That day makes me another year older.  I wake to breakfast in bed,  now that's nice.  Lots of singing, that's nice too.  (a little loud, and out of tune ,but nice)  Now, I know, the plan is to have all the kids over for dinner. In my head, we need to clean the house.  That in itself causes a muteny among the kids.  Dad has declared this to be a holidy.  We have no school, so that frees us up to get so much done.  For my birthday, I want to convert the school room. (Which has become a catchall, and is not really used to do school work in anyways.)  Into the cake design studio. I can see it now.  Everything organized, and everything having a home.  This is shear pleasure to me.   Now, I am not one to wait when I have made a decission.  I believe we should get to it, and make things happen.  And, with the day off from school this seemed like the perfect oppertunity to get it done.  No one seemed happy about this.  But it's my gift.  This is what I want for my birthday.  Why isn't anyone happy about this?  I feel the mounting disappointment.  I'm sure you think I gave in, and we went to see a cartoon movie , or something the kids would like.  Nope... We changed the rooms around, and cleaned the house.  I planned on being done at noon, so we could relax and enjoy my nice clean house for the rest of the day.  I finished at five.  Dinner is at six.  Dad is home.  Mad, that all we did all day is work.  But it's what I wanted.  A clean house, and organized Studio.  But, no one seems happy about this.  But I'm happy.  Now we can Have a nice dinner with all the kids, and grandkids.  Relax, and watch a movie, Blow out the candles, and have some fun.  The kids made my cake, with a little argueing over how it was going to be done.  Some more creative than others and all.  It got done.  I was pleased.  We had dinner, (Well done honey).   The candles are lit, there are a lot of candles.  Real close to that big 50.  I can't believe how fast time is flying.  I still feel like I am thirty.  How did this happen?  I have had some rough years recently, and realize that the alternative to growing old is not good.  So I accept all the burning candles, and jests about growing old, and have fun.  I never expected the silly string though.  and While I am being pummled with silly string, my candles are melting right off the cake.  All and all it was a great day.  And I love my family.  I am very blessed.

1 comment:

Martha said...

I like your birthday celebration.

It was my intent to post a nice Happy Birthday to you on my blog, but somehow I got distracted...

Is it too late?