
Spring is coming. New beginnings, bring thoughts of what is important. What this year will yield. I get concerned about the lack of grass growing in my back yard. The hard dry soil that struggles to produce. Whether I am giving my kids a good education, or if we can take breaks to work in the yard. And yet , even though I worry about things that really dont matter.


God in all his glory. Helps his creation pop through the ground without any help from me. It doesn't matter that we have gotten almost no rain or snow this winter.



His beautiful creation continues to amaze me. Only God could create something so beautiful.The flowers come up through the dry soil.The birds begin to sing. Life is all around me. I talked to my mom yesterday. She lives in Halafax Nova Scotia. The crocus, and daffodils are popping through the snow up there. It doesn't matter if it is Canada, or New Mexico, God is still at work. Bringing new life and beauty.



So I figure if God is at work making my yard look better. I can get to work too. The kids and I turned over the soil, and raked up the last of last falls leaves. We are trimming the trees, and planting grass seed. We will give God a hand and plant more flowers, and a garden. But it is still not quite warm enough for us to get too much work done, The day we got started, we got snow. The coats are still hanging in the foyer. Still not warm enough to put them away. We are just getting ready for the new season, but Our Lord is alreadyworking. I love to look out the windows when it is snowing and see the flowers, watch the trees bud, and wait anxiously for spring to really get moving. I am very blessed to have my children at my side to plant the garden. To have a yard to plant it in. To have a Father who loves me so much He would bring me beauty on a cold and windy day.

1 comment:
Spring. A time of new beginnings, and things to make us look forward.
Your spring photos are lovely. We are still waiting for our flowers to appear. The shoots are poking through, but flowers are scarce, just snowdrops in my yard.
Post a Comment