Saturday, March 13, 2010

I am a Nomad.

I have written before that I am a nomad.  I like change.  Yet, I married a man that prefers roots.  Deep roots.  I don't think we will be exploring new places to live any time soon.  I believe this may be the reason I move things around in my house so much.  Anyone who knows me knows that if you visit my home more than twice a year, you will walk into a totally different scene every time.  This time it came with an addition.  The kids wanted a ping pong table for their combined birthday present.  I could have done the simple thing and put it in addition on the back of the house. (this week that room is my cake studio/schoolroom.) But, why not move the dining room out there.  I can watch the birds and be a part of the outdoors while I eat.  It made total sense to me.  I put the Family Room in the Dining Room.  It's a bigger room anyways. We need more room for family.  It is always growing. Now the Family Room is the Game room.  and it attaches to the family room .  So we have a huge family/game room.  Does it sound like I am justifying my decissions?  It works great, It's perfect.  THIS WEEK ...  On the up side, for all of you who like things to stay the same.  You know ( every thing in it's place and a place for everything)  The kitchen is still in the same place. 

2 comments:

Martha said...

What I'd really like to know is if I'll still be able to find the bathroom in the middle of the night.

Nichol Naranjo said...

I admire this nomad in you Kim!
I'm the person that seldomly changes my house around. I like to know where everything is & everything has a place. It works for Dominic & I, but sometimes I wish I was more free spirited & creative!
The rooms look great btw! I love your school/cake studio room!