Sunday, October 19, 2008

great times

Wow, what a night I had. I haven't been out since my accident in Montana, but our anniversary is on the 23rd and I have been asking God to help me find a way to celebrate it from my couch. Does not sound too adventures I know. He sure came through. Austin went to an over-nighter with Reuben and the guys, Abby and Shane spent the night with their cousins. This my friends sets the scene. When you have 6 kids and been married fifteen years. you swoop down on an opportunity like this one. Karl and I went to eat Chinese, and saw the movie FIRE PROOF(Highly Recommend) and then went for coffee and desert. What a perfect night. We came home to a quiet house. No one tattling on the other, or asking for a drink of water before bed time. I have come to cherish these moments. But having a night alone with my husband. PRICELESS!!!! We snuggle a bit and fall asleep in each others arms. Despite my ailing leg. Now it gets exciting!!! I hear voices outside my bedroom window, and as I rise from my stupor I see what appears to be the reflection of flickering firelight (to me anyways) I focus in on that light for a minute, and realize its lights from an ambulance or police car. I wake Karl. I fear my elderly neighbors are in trouble. I quickly gather myself grab my crutches, and hobble to the foyer, when the doorbell rings. I slowly open the door( oops I didn't even wait for my body guard to keep me safe) I suppose thats why I'm on crutches, I leap before I look. The Police officer at the front door commands me to open the door, So like a good little girl I do, Now mind you there are three cop cars in front of my house. He asks for Jacob. There is no Jacob here. He asks again and then says Are you sure you don't have a Jacob that lives here. Now it is 3:30 in the morning but I'm pretty sure I did not name any of my children Jacob. He says that the young man that they obviously had just arrested. He claimed his friend lived here and his name was Jacob. On top of that tidbit he threw his piece into our bushes. My heart is pounding. Having been waken to such excitement. Now it is 5 am. They are still out front. still searching this mans car, taking pictures, and still searching our bushes. That leaves me to believe, I still have the piece somewhere in my bushes. They get pictures of our house, call the tow truck, and wait. When the sun comes up you can bet I will be out in the bushes looking for what they could not find. Now I can not sleep. The difference between my wonderful husband and myself. I have to be in the thick of it. Maybe just maybe he is just exhausted from taking care of everything while I am laid up. What a champ, I shall let him sleep. Thanks for listening, What an incredibly exciting night. You know God sure comes through, I couldn't have come up with that kind of excitement in my wildest dreams. Isn't he amazing?

2 comments:

Tori said...

Haha, Mom I'm so glad you blogged this. I take it his "piece" means his gun? Johnny wasn't sure if that's what you were trying to say or not so I thought I'd clarify. And you found it? Looks like a sketchy neighborhood, maybe you should move. :-)

Martha said...

You have all the fun!