I really love when these old treasures pop up on facebook or emails. This is our family. I am on the far right and next to me is my baby sister LoriAnne, who is really only a year younger, so not so young any more. Then on the left is my older sister Lee Anne, Who is older, but smaller topping the scales at 4feet 8 inches. Above her is Kathy, She is the eldest. Kathy is the only one who lives near enough for me to visit. Which I really need to do more often. In the middle of all of us is my beautiful mommy. She is so lovely. I guess it might be said that we have some good looking genes.
we the sixties. Mom is so hip. Apparently we are getting ready to make dinner. I see a pot in the forground. We add my brother James(Chip) What a great smile.
Mom was always great about trying to dress us all the same. We had boing boing curls and were ready for what ever was coming, That is an amazing fiet considering she was a single parent. She did a great job.
Now we add Darius. Henry, the shadow in the middle was our step father. He was an interesting man. MP, Cop, Security. He loved fishing and playing chess. Darius was his only child. and the baby of the family.
Here is one of the only times we saw my fathers parents. I have been told forever that I look like my grandmother. I can see it a bit. I also wondered how Jason got so big, I think he got it from grandpa. and Austin got his name.
This is my beloved brother. I love him. and I love his family. He is a great guy. Pensive at times. He is always watching. Quiet, and highly gifted in carpentry. I wish we lived closer so we could spend time together, I hear he has a great sense of humor. My brother is a man of God. I can see it in his eyes, and in his life. I am so proud to be his big sister. God has done amazing things in and through this man.
This is my moms parents. Frank, and Pearl. They actually were not married at this time, so this is a rare picture. My mother looks like my grandmother, and my Oldest sister looks like them both. I am glad I have this picture to share with my children and grandchildren.Family is so important. I have been blessed with a big family. Lots of history. I am also blessed with a new family. A family that will spend eternity with me. Jesus died for us so that we could be adopted into his family. This is the biggest blessing of all.
1 comment:
Where have I been? Where have you been? I love your family photos. They look like a great bunch of people, especially your brother, the "pensive" one. Maybe you could introduce us one day. :)
PS. I hear you have a new grandbaby. Pictures?
Post a Comment