Tuesday, August 4, 2009

DAD










I arrived home from Texas, waiting to hear how my dad was doing. Day by day I keep in touch with his family, to find out if he is going to make it. I get the call that he has been removed from the machines that were helping him to breathe, and that he is out of a coma. Next I get a call that he is being transferred to a nursing home. I thought he was out of the woods, and finally on the mend. I can breathe now. Finally I got through to dad, and talked to him about how things were going, and how he was feeling. I never expected what he said next. My dad has never asked for anything from any of his kids. He is a strong willed strong minded stubborn man. He served in the military, and lived hard, so when he asked me to come help him for a whole month, I was shocked, and truely felt like God was calling me to go share the Gospel with my father and his family. I could not say no. It was a hard trip filled with things we had never experienced.( Abby came with me) They are Buddhest's and all but my dad had never even heard about Jesus. Emani, is my little sister, adopted by my Dad. She is nine years old, and cute as a button. A bit spoiled but who wouldn't be when being raised by great grandparents. We shared about Jesus, and Angels, and how God could hear even her innermost thoughts. She is amazed,, and wants to hear more. But the day comes when we need to come home, and life has to move on. I told dad about our talks with Emani, so he wouldn't be surprised. He said he really wants her to know all about God. I ask, Dad, do you believe. Oh of corse I believe, Dad, do you know what you believe? Well, no I am not sure what I believe. Don't you think you should know? Yes. Dad you need to be the one to go with Emani, and learn as she learns, you are the only one who can teach her. He agrees. Now for the follow through. My prayer is that after all my dad has gone through, and all the questions that Emani has, He will indeed go with her and learn what it is he believes, or does not believe. for both of their sakes. I am so blessed to have been able to go and help as much as I could and to share the gospel, in deed, not just word. and to get to know my daddy, and his family. What a blessing.

2 comments:

Martha said...

Oh, this post makes me want to cry! I love the pictures, so many I have never seen, and I love your stories too. Thank you so much for posting them.

I love you!

Martha said...

Did you know that you can actually carry on a conversation on a blog? That's why I love it so much.