Monday, December 1, 2008

This week I had the chance to create an Art Deco cake for a very lovely couple. I Love praying for a couple that asks me to make acake for their special day, and our Father was with me every step of the way.
These are the flowers on the cake. Every one is different, and all have dots or cut outs in them lots of work, but so worth it they were beautiful.
Sarah wanted to know if there was a way to incorperate Andes mints, into the design, so we made a mosaic with them carving them to creat a design. the two lower cakes also have them baked into the cake. It was so delicious. Like mint chocolate chip icecream.
The Groom, Drew< is a drummer, in a band, and I wanted to do something for him. We made a drum, and chocolate covered strawberries and hand made the couple on the top. Believe it or not this was the toughest part of the whole affair.
Teri is one of my best friends, and we had so much fun making this couple to resemble the couple who got married, and all the flowers. She was so nice to do this with me, and we had the bestest time too.
The couple made place cards on small bottles, and embossed an N on each for Newman, grooms last name. So I replicated this onto the grooms cake.
The jewels on the cake are going tobecome a necklace for the bride. They were beautiful glass beads.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Oh my goodness. This is amazing!!! You are so creative! I don't think I could ever have the patience to actually make something like this, but I could so admire it for hours!